Berkouks is a traditional Amazigh dish that we get used to prepare it in different occasions such as weddings or the Amazigh new year, it presents a symbol of happiness.
Cooking time: 1h – Total time: 1h15min – Number of persons: 4 persons
- For couscous:
- Check the recipe
- For Amlou:
- 400 g salted roasted almonds
- 20 cl Argan oil
- 200 g honey
- To serve :
- 10 cl Butter
- 10 cl Argan oil
Now it’s time to make your delicious dish:
How to prepare Amlou “also called the Moroccan Nutella”
- Place whole almonds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast them in a preheated oven at 170 ° C for about fifteen minutes.
- Remove the almonds from the oven, salt them and pass them through the mill while still hot to reduce them to powder.
- In a bowl, mix the almond powder with argan oil and honey. The dough obtained must be smooth and homogeneous.
The last step before serving Berkouks
- Coat the hot Couscous with butter or Argan oil. Place the Couscous in a dish serve it with Amlou ، clarified butter ، honey and Argan oil.